PHP Login System with Admin Features

This forum was created to talk about the PHP Login System with admin features created by jpmaster77 on evolt's website

Email Activation/Admin acceptance

bluedogsb

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Email Activation/Admin acceptance

Post  bluedogsb on Fri May 08, 2009 1:27 pm

I have read the email activation ideas people have had, but want to add a feature to the email that is sent.

I would like the "activate account" link in the email to the potential new user to prompt the admin center and list "awaiting new users" and then choose "allow this user to register" so the admin can filter out the spam manually. Basically the potential new users must be accepted by the admin.

I would think this is simple, but not sure how to make the link work in that way in the email. Any ideas?
    Linchpin311

Number of posts : 220
    Registration date : 2007-05-14

Re: Email Activation/Admin acceptance

Post  Linchpin311 on Fri May 08, 2009 10:57 pm

this isnt hard, but i think its going to require the use of a third user_level. lets say 1 would be for registered/un-activated users, 2 would be for registered users who activated their account through email and 3 would be for registered users who activated through email and an admin activated their account for use.

so once a user has activated their account through the email their user_lever should be 2. then, whenever an admin logs in a query is run checking for the number of users with a user level of 2. that number (if any exist) is then displayed on the home page (or where ever) with a link to a new page accessible only to admins. on this new page another query is run returning the ID's and any additional information about these users with the option for the admin to raise their user_level to 3; thus making their accounts fully operational.

you can throw some of your own ideas in there of course. like when a user clicks the link in the activation email, an email is sent to an admin telling them a user is awaiting their activation. or you can skip this "link to a new page" business all together and send an email to an admin with all the details about the account and a link that will change the user level... these ideas are just kinda coming to my head as i type so im sure you can jazz up this idea and make it as powerful and flexible as you want.

Also note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary.

Current date/time is Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:26 am