PHP Login System with Admin Features

This forum was created to talk about the PHP Login System with admin features created by jpmaster77 on evolt's website

Preventing Logout

vbmark

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-03-02

Preventing Logout

Post  vbmark on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:54 am

Hello,

When a user is logged in to my site on one computer, then logs into my site again on another computer, they are logged out of my site on the first computer. This is true despite them selecting "Remember me next time." If the site is not going to remember them, then it does not make sense to have that option.

So what I would like to do is prevent the site from logging them out just because they logged in on another computer. I really want it to "Remember" them.

I have considered making the following section of code in confirmUserID always return 0. However, I am not sure of the implications of such a change.

Code:

if($userid == $results->fields['userid']){
      return 0; //Success! Username and userid confirmed
    }
    else{
      return 2; //Indicates userid invalid
    }

Can anyone suggest anything for me?

Thank you for this awesome script,
    Mark
    Fred-Eric

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2007-05-13

Re: Preventing Logout

Post  Fred-Eric on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:24 pm

The remember option is remember the user on the last computer and assume that the user is always connect with the same computer. You can try this with lots of site using remembred function, and you always get the same result because it is based on the cookie set. on the last computer used.

Current date/time is Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 am