PHP Login System with Admin Features

This forum was created to talk about the PHP Login System with admin features created by jpmaster77 on evolt's website

Ahhh no! I need help

Sicarius

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2007-06-15

Ahhh no! I need help

Post  Sicarius on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:33 am

Hey guys,

Well, this is kinda embarrassing, I need help :S I am not sure what's really going on (I am no expert with php) but..uhmm...ha! Just look at the image.

As far as I know, no one else is having this problem. I created the database (many times) and I reinstalled twice....*shrug*

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/8318/helpmepleasedb1.jpg

Could it be because of port 8080? I don't really know....kinda confused right now, I am using WAMP....
    Linchpin311

Number of posts : 220
    Registration date : 2007-05-14

Re: Ahhh no! I need help

Post  Linchpin311 on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:47 am

well from the image, it looks like php isnt configured properly. as far as how to complete that task with WAMP...well im not too sure. maybe WAMP comes with some documentation you can refer to. if not, i would recommend searching for a well written tutorial on google or any other sub-par search engine.

i guess no one really goes to apache.org, downloads, installs and configures apache, then goes to php.net, downloads, installs and configures php and so on and so forth anymore, huh...

Also note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary.

Sicarius

Post  Sicarius on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:51 am

Just for kicks, I'm trying Xxamp - could there be a difference? I don't know. LETS FIND OUT

*stay tuned*
    Fred-Eric

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2007-05-13

Post  Fred-Eric on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:36 am

Sicarius wrote:Just for kicks, I'm trying Xxamp - could there be a difference? I don't know. LETS FIND OUT

*stay tuned*

I have always used xampp to test all my php project locally.
    The documentation to install xampp is very well documented on the mainb web site of xampp.

The probleme your have is that you have not installed properly your apache server and php module.

With xampp you will not get this king of error.

Sicarius

Post  Sicarius on Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:26 am

So, I was playing around with xxamp - and I did get the error Razz I definetly think it has something to do with port 80 (with WAMP I was using 8080 because port 80 wasnt working there either). I will continue to play with it over the weekend Razz
    Linchpin311

Number of posts : 220
    Registration date : 2007-05-14

Post  Linchpin311 on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:03 pm

as long as everything is configured correctly, it shouldnt matter what port you host your site on...as long as you continue to host it locally. i know a lot of ISPs who block port 80, and my isp even blocks 8080 so i was forced to host on 8000. over the weekend im going to dabble in XXAMP and see if i can help anyone out.

Also note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary.

samhale

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2007-06-06

Post  samhale on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:04 am

Open it up in Notepad, and make sure the <'s are <'s and not something like &alt, as well as the >'s being something like &glt
    If they are like the &alt's, find and replace all of them through notepad.

ldh8

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2007-08-08

Post  ldh8 on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:24 am

I had the exact same problem Sicarius.
    To fix it I had to change all instances of <? to <?php (in every file).
    I'm using Wamp too, and only started learning php/mysql using versions 5 of each - maybe it has something to do with being the latest versions?? Haven't fully checked out the script yet, but what I have seems to be working so far after that change.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:29 am